UNSPSC codes are used by UNGM to classify suppliers' products and services.
Upon registration on UNGM, suppliers are required to provide information about their activity - by classifying the suppliers' products and/or services according to the UNSPSC code classification.
For more information, read the: What are UNSPSC codes? article.
To select relevant UNSPSC codes, please follow the instructions below:
- Type one keyword in the search bar.
The system will suggest some relevant UNSPSC codes based on the provided keyword. Try different keywords for the same product and/or service if the search returns no relevant results.
- Tick the checkbox next to the code to select the UNSPSC code.
Select as many codes as necessary to fully describe the company’s products and/or services.
- Ensure that the selected codes correspond to either product or service categories.
Products range from 10000000-60000000 and 95000000 and Services range from 64000000-94000000.
- Select the most detailed UNSPSC code within the classification by selecting the code from the lowest level.
Click on the arrow next to a category to display UNSPSC codes falling under the category.
- Review the selected UNSPSC codes.
Click on Show selected codes to display the selected codes.
- Save the UNSPSC code selection.
Click on Save & continue to save the UNSPSC code selection.
To unselect a specific UNSPSC code, untick the checkbox next to the UNSPSC code.
To unselect the entire UNSPSC code selection, click Clear selected codes.