UNSPSC codes are used to send notifications of relevant procurement opportunities to Tender Alert Service subscribers.
When subscribing to the Tender Alert Service, suppliers are required to configure their subscription by selecting UNSPSC codes for products and services for which they would like to receive notifications. For more information, read the: What are UNSPSC codes? article.
These UNSPSC codes may be edited at any time during the subscription period. To select or edit UNSPSC codes in the Tender Alert Service subscription, follow these steps:
1. Go to the UNGM site and log into your account using your email address and password.
2. Click on My Tender Alert Service (TAS) in the navigation menu.
3. Under the Goods and Services tab, select the UNSPSC codes corresponding to the products and services for which procurement opportunity notifications should be received.
Remember that the notifications are sent when there is a match between:
- the supplier's UNSPSC codes selected in the TAS settings, and
- the UNSPSC codes of the procurement opportunity selected by UN staff members.
Thus, suppliers will receive alerts with an exact code match and all codes under that segment.
4. Click on Show selected codes to display the UNSPSC codes that have already been pre-selected from the registration at Basic level.
Best practices when selecting UNSPSC codes
- Type one keyword in the search bar. The system will suggest some relevant UNSPSC codes based on the provided keyword. Try different keywords for the same product and service if the search returns no relevant results.
- Tick the checkbox next to the code to select the UNSPSC code, and all subcodes under that code will also be selected. Include as many codes as necessary to fully describe the products and services.
- Ensure that the selected codes correspond to either product or service categories.
- Products range from 10000000-60000000 and 95000000
- Services range from 64000000-94000000
- Select the most detailed code within the classification by selecting the lowest level. Click on the arrow next to a category to view the UNSPSC codes that fall under that category. The two highest levels of codes, corresponding to Segment (letters from A to J) and Family (first level with numbers), cannot be ticked to ensure a more accurate selection.
- Review the selected UNSPSC codes by clicking on the Show selected codes button and click on the Save XX selected codes button to finish the process.
- To unselect a specific UNSPSC code, untick the checkbox next to the UNSPSC code.
- To unselect the entire UNSPSC code selection, click on the Clear selected codes button.