UNSPSC codes are used to send notifications of relevant procurement opportunities to Tender Alert Service subscribers.
When subscribing to the Tender Alert Service, suppliers are required to select UNSPSC codes for products and services for which they would like to receive notifications. For more information, read the: What are UNSPSC codes? article.
These UNSPSC codes may be edited at any time during the subscription period.
To select or edit UNSPSC codes in the Tender Alert Service subscription, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the UNGM site and log into your account using email address and password.
2. Click on My TAS in the navigation menu.
3. Under the UNSPSC tab, select the UNSPSC codes corresponding to the products and/or services for which procurement opportunity notifications should be received.
- Type one keyword in the search bar.
The system will suggest some relevant UNSPSC codes based on the provided keyword. Try different keywords for the same product and/or service if the search returns no relevant results.
- Tick the checkbox next to the code to select the UNSPSC code.
Select as many codes as necessary to fully describe the company’s products and/or services.
- Ensure that the selected codes correspond to either product or service categories.
Products range from 10000000-60000000 and 95000000 and Services range from 64000000-94000000.
- Select the most detailed UNSPSC code within the classification by selecting the code from the lowest level.
Click on the arrow next to a category to display UNSPSC codes falling under the category.
- Review the selected UNSPSC codes.
Click on Show selected codes to display the selected codes.
- Save the UNSPSC code selection.
Click on Save selected codes to save the UNSPSC code selection.
To unselect a specific UNSPSC code, untick the checkbox next to the UNSPSC code.
To unselect the entire UNSPSC code selection, click Clear selected codes.